Answers to common questions
What types of floors can be treated with Sure Step Non Slip Floor Treatment?
- Porcelain and Ceramic Tile, Quarry Tile, Marble, Terrazo, Travertine, Granite – essentially any hard mineral type of floor.
- Concrete Floors, untreated
- Glazed Brick
- and many other hard mineral surfaces
What types of bath tubs can be treated with Sure Step Non Slip Tub Treatment?
How does Sure Step Non Slip Floor and Tub treatment work?
- Sure Step Non Slip Floor and Tub Treatment creates an invisible, sophisticated tread design into the surface of hard mineral floors and porcelain or enamel bathtubs to increase the surface’s coefficient of friction by 200-400% when wet.
- Our treatment is not a coating, it will not change the appearance of the floor or bathtub.
- No shut down time required. Use floor or tub immediately following treatment.
- And yes, it really works!
Will Sure Step Non Slip treatments change the look of my floor, tile or tub?
- The treatment will very rarely change the appearance of your tile. It is an invisible, long lasting chemical treatment. We are happy to share with you a demonstration of tiles we have tested/treated. We are also happy to test a tile for you to ensure your satisfaction prior to treating your entire floor.
How long does Sure Step Non Slip treatments last?
- For residential applications typically 3-5 years for floors and 5+ years for bathtubs
- For Commercial applications, typically 1-2 years
- Upon request, as a service we can test your floors’ coefficient of friction to ensure it falls within the acceptable level of .42 or above.
What if my floor or tub is dirty?
- It is best to apply Sure Step non slip treatment to a clean floor. We can either clean the floor prior to application or you can. The treatment does have a cleaning agent which will provide you a glistening floor.
- After treatment you can resume your regular cleaning routine. We do however recommend avoiding high concentration bleach to prolong the effectiveness of the treatment.
- We do offer a cleaning solution called Sure Clean – if interested please inquire.
Will the Sure Step Non Slip Floor and Tub treatment work if there is soap or grease on the floor?
- Yes, a treated floor will retain its non slip properties even with soap!
- Yes, a treated floor will retain its non slip properties with moderate grease between the floor and your shoe. For restaurants, especially, we do recommend using a degreaser to clean the floor to prevent grease build up.
Can vinyl/plastic tubs and showers be made non-slip?
- Yes, we do have a coating that can be applied to vinyl/plastic tubs and shower floors. It is a different product than what is applied to hard mineral floors and tubs. If safety is of utmost importance we can apply an Acrylic non-slip coating.
Are Sure Step Non Slip treatments safe?
- Yes, the treatment is safe for the environment and for you! Once the treatment is applied, it is neutralized and rinsed. What remains is a quality non slip surface.
- Sure Step has undergone applicable 3rd Party testing to ensure its safety.
Did we answer your questions?
If not, please reach out to us!